Saturday 15 September 2012

OXLADE -CHAMBERLAINE EAGER AND PRAISES WALCOTT AND PODOLSKI

The Ox speaks out about today’s match V Southampton
Morning Gooners! Today is match day and as Arsenal prepare to take on Southampton, so too will Alex Oxlad-Chamberlain be preparing to face the team where he spent his youth after joining the Saints at just age seven. The Ox has always come across as humble and eager to learn, and as such he has warmed the hearts of many Arsenal supporters.
The talented Arsenal winger has already made his international breakthrough for England, now a starter for their last two matches, he will be looking to carry that momentum into today’s match. The Ox has not been shy to give credit to the people that have helped him and knows that if he’s to live up to his potential then he has to keep improving.
Speaking to the London Evening Standard, The Ox had this to say: “I feel I can learn from every player at Arsenal and every player when I come away with England. I am usually the youngest in whichever squad I’m playing and I realize I can always learn from someone.”
“Lukas has got 100 caps for Germany so he’s not too bad! He has vast amounts of experience and is a pretty good player as well.”
“Likewise, with Theo, every time I watch them play, I am always looking to take things from what they do.”
“Theo has helped me a lot and Lukas is a great guy, too. He is happy to sit down and talk through things with me which he doesn’t have to do.”
“We take every game at Arsenal step by step and Lukas is someone who knows first hand you have to work hard all the time to win. That is a very German mentality and something everybody can benefit from.”
“If you look too far into the future, you will lose sight of your aims.”
“It goes without saying that when you get a good result at Anfield, you have to back it up with a good result at home, whoever that may be against otherwise it means nothing. We go out to win every game and that’ll be the case against Southampton tomorrow.”
The Ox is expected to start in front of Theo Walcott once more and will be ready to up his performance from Anfield. I don’t anticipate this to be an easy game but I do expect the win for Arsenal. Key players in today’s match will be Arsenal’s attackers namely, Giroud, Cazorla and of course The Ox! Gunners for the win and the Saints left in pieces. I expect nothing less!