Tuesday 11 March 2014

Arsenal transfer rumours – Alex Song, Alvaro Morata and Toni Kroos!

Okay I know that there is still a long way to go before the transfer window opens, but I would like to venture that Arsenal’s involvement in the chase for trophies may give us an advantage over clubs like Manchester United in the summer transfer window, as David Moyes side may not even be able to offer any European football at all next season!
It seems there are a few players being strongly linked with both teams. For starters it is being reported today, in the Star, that although Arsenal are still favourites to sign the young Real Madrid star Alvaro Morata, David Moyes has also decided to enter the race, probably as he is looking for a future replacement for Robin van Pursestrings! But can anyone see why he should choose Old Trafford over Arsenal?
Secondly the Sun reports that our ex-midfield star Alex Song has announced he will definitely be returning to the Premier League when he leaves Spain. The Cameroonian said: “If I leave Barcelona it will be to return to the Premier League.”
“I will return to England one day, that’s for sure,”
The red-top goes on to link Song with a move to Man United, but when asked about Arsene Wenger, Song said: “He was like a father to me. He spoke a lot with me when I arrived to Arsenal. I wanted to renew my contract with Arsenal but in that case I would have regretted not joining Barcelona. Barcelona are the best side in the world.”
Well that dream move hasn’t exactly worked out for the 26 year-old, so should Wenger try and bring him back to the Emirates for a second time at a reduced price? He could certainly give some competition to our other returnee, Matthieu Flamini, and the ageing Mikel Arteta…
The third rumour relates to the brilliant German international Toni Kroos. He has also been linked with Manchester United, but my inside source at the Emirates has informed me that Wenger is also taking a keen interest. Kroos contract with Bayern Munich ends in 2015 and he is nearly certain to leave Germany in the summer. He was asked about the rumours yesterday in the Telegraph and he was quite clear: “It is no secret that the Premier League is a possibility for me,” he said.
“Yes, I have heard about these rumours. A lot has been written about it and the German media like to take over this story also.
“I am a person where a lot is possible for me. No decision has been made about this yet. No one has come to any agreement about this and that will stay like this until the summer.”
Kroos would certainly be another excellent addition to our growing ranks of brilliant Germans at the Emirates, and again it would be a big surprise if he chose a mediocre Man United side rather than join his mates at the Emirates….
I know there is a long way to the end of the season, but would you want these three to arrive at Arsenal in the summer?