Thursday 18 October 2012

DAMIEN MARTINEZ READY TO BE ARSENAL'S NUMBER ONE

The young Argentinian keeper Damien Martinez has been thrust into the limelight due to the ongoing injuries to the Arsenal first-choice keepers Wojciech Szczesny and Lukas Fabianski, and although he is only the reserve to Vito Mannone at the moment, he is fully prepared to play for the full 90 minutes against Norwich if Wenger decides to make a change.
Martinez said: “The English Premier League is the best in the world. I have adapted very well here and it  IS truly amazing,”
“The best thing is the high level of football, pitches here are perfect. It’s unbelievable and I hope to stay in this league for as long as I can.
“At Norwich City on Saturday I think I’m going to be on the bench, but the possibility of playing from the start is always there. I’m prepared for that.
“I have shown that I can play at the top level even at my age. It is the manager’s decision and I have to wait for that moment to come. Despite the fact that I’ve just turned 20, I think I’m progressing well and I’m taking solid steps forward. I hope to keep playing here.”
The youngster arrived from Argentina at the tender age of 17 but he believes that Wenger has faith in him, just as he has with the other younger members of the Gunners squad. “Wenger is a great manager, very professional and very demanding,” he said. “but he also gives youngsters a lot of freedom. He treats every player the same. I have a lot of admiration for him as a manager and as a person,”